Supporting Food and Farm Councils Initiative
On this page you will find information regarding the Supporting Food and Farm Councils Initiative, which will use a Request for Proposal (RFP) process to fund food and farm councils to support planning for, or implementation of, local policy strategies to increase the access to and consumption of healthy foods and beverages. We invite you to please read the information contained on this page, which includes the actual RFP document, and proposal templates.
Please contact Missty Lechner, American Heart Association Advocacy Project Director, with any questions at (785) 228-3419 or email@example.com.
Request For Proposal Document
Within the RFP you will find information about the background and structure for the Supporting Food and Farm Councils Initiative. Additionally, the document goes into detail about the eligibility guidelines and how to apply.
We have included online forms of both the Assessment and Capacity Building Grant Proposal and Policy Implementation Grant Proposal containing the information required for completion.
All Food and Farm Council Grant Proposal Applications requires submission of following documents in PDF format via email:
- Completed Proposal Application
- Official Government Action Establishing the Food and Farm Council – must include signature (resolution, ordinance, proclamation, etc.) OR Signed Letter of Support from an Elected Official
- Food and Farm Council Bylaws
- Food and Farm Council Roster – must include sector represented by each member, years remaining in term and contact information
- IRS determination letter regarding 501(c)(3) status (or statement of governmental entity status if you are applying as a unit of government)
- W-9 Form (taxpayer identification number and certification)